There’s two things I strive for regarding consistency: post every day and post the Link Journeys on Saturday. The discipline trains you and exercises you to improve your writing and audiences generally crave consistency. Sorry to have missed a week. You try, but sometimes you fall short.
- How to build your twitter tribe – Make the pie higher!
- 7 ways a blog can grow your business – Make the pie higher, redux!
- How people share content online and with whom – knowing this stuff can help you hone your content curation skills
- Does your website fail the “header removal test? (Yes! I win!)
- How to remove ambient noise from your audio files using Audacity - Very useful for those of you creating audio content to sell to your audience. Which of COURSE all of you are doing, right? Right?
- Ommwriter – This is the coolest writing software ever. I so love this thing.
New for Link Journeys! I’m always running into new and wonderful people who bring the awesome to their blogs. Now, I’ll share them with you here.
- Bridget Pilloud – Intuitive Life-Shifter – Bridget was kind enough to write a guest post here this week at my invitation. Go read her blog and you’ll see why I invited her.
- WorkLife Nation - Judy Martin is the QUEEN of work/life balance… except for that there’s no such thing. And she’ll be the first to tell you that. It’s about the work/life MERGE, baby! Judy’s been a client and a friend for a while, now. This is her new site, with blog consulting and design by yours truly. (do me a favor and hit the “like” and “retweet” buttons on the home page? Thanks!
- Pretty All True – Great example of a personal blog in the more traditional “have cool content with ads” fashion. Kris’s writing is funny and fresh, and some of her pretty all true stories will really mess with your head.
Sometimes a product comes along which I like enough to become an affiliate for. I’ll be recommending them to you here in Link Journeys whenever I have a good one.
- Blog Business Funnel – How to Run a Profitable Freelance Business Through Your Blog – by Skelliewag is an imminently practical guide to exactly what it says on the cover. And Skellie should know, since she’s one of the most successful freelancers I’ve known. This book is not full of vapid platitudes. It’s got strategies, tactics, and plans you can follow.
- Listen First!: Turning Social Media Conversations Into Business Advantage (affiliate link) – This is a hell of a book. No space is wasted with typical business book “hot air syndrome.” This thing is packed to the rafters with incredibly useful information you can use to make a social media listening plan and carry it out (and why you should). Much is geared towards businesses larger than one person but I found the principles, strategies and tactics were solid for a solopreneur.
From the Archives
- Is your business blogging attracting the wrong crowd? – It’s easier to make this mistake than you might think.
- How to use the secret desires of your customers - are your headlines falling flat? Is your blogging not hitting home? Tap into the secret desires of your customers to really reach them.
- WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org – The Definitive Overview for Business – What are the differences? Should you switch? Find out.
Get on the List for More
Even better links are sent out to folks on my email list. If you’re not on it, you’re missing out. Join below (you’ll also get my rad “10 tragic mistakes” report).
If you can’t see the form, head on over to the blog.