If you had a report card on your blog suddenly delivered to your inbox, what would it say? What grades would you get? A C+ in Headline Writing? An A- in posting consistency? A D+ in traffic? A C- in SEO?
Of course, asking you a question like that is asking you to grade yourself, and most of us happen to kind of suck at that. We’re too hard on ourselves about some things, and hold ourselves in too high a regard in other areas. On top of that, we have outright blind spots where we don’t even know what questions to ask ourselves in the first place.
I think there might be significant value in providing some sort of blog assessment service for entrepreneurs marketing their businesses via blogging. A blogging “report card.” Think about the following:
- Would you even know how to grade yourself on SEO?
- How do you know your About page is any good?
- Do you know what criteria by which your offer should be judged?
- How do you know you’re reaching the right people with your blog?
- How do you know whether or not you could be getting more sign-ups/subscribers?
So… do you think some kind of “report card” service would be valuable? What kind of information should such a service provide, and at what price? I’m curious what you guys think.
Image credit: v.h.d.