Blogging is mostly writing. You can do a lot with multimedia on a blog, but words are the primary currency in which we all trade. The first week of November is going to be a series of posts on writing better blog posts. I’ve taught writing, business writing, and writing for the web throughout my life. For this series, I’m going to borrow some major points from a book on business writing and translate them into blog post writing tips. I know how unexciting that sounds, but I think you’ll find these posts highly relevant and anything but boring.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Monday: No More Rambling Brain Splats
- Tuesday: Quit Qualifying Your Words and Just Say it Already
- Wednesday: Don’t Get Mad, Get Persuasive
- Thursday Audio: Separate Fact from Fiction in Your Blog Writing
- Friday Video: Simple doesn’t mean Stupid, or, How to Write So Anyone Can Understand You
If you have any questions about writing blog posts, ask them in the comments below, email them to me at email@example.com, or ask me on Twitter @remarkablogger.