Note: Comments on this post are now closed. This post had 135 comments and 25 Trackbacks (Trackbacks are still open). This is much better than the first one of theseÂ I did last year. If you check out some of the comments you’ll see people really benefited. But at this point, it’s time to close the comments because the momentum of everyone participating has slowed down considerably. In other words, new comments won’t get the attention they deserve, anymore. Time to close this one and wait for the next! Thank you, everyone who participated in this rockin’ blog traffic event!’
When your blog is new, the one thing you want more than anything else is traffic.
One of the most successful posts ever on Remarkablogger was back on December 12 of last year, when I wrote Just Started a Blog? Submit Your Blog Here for a Boost!
That post had 92 comments and 14 trackbacks. In fact, it’s one of the few posts I had to close the comments on because people kept submitting their blogs long after it had ended.
It got some launch love action for new bloggers everywhere. Bloggers got a traffic and subscription boost by participating in a “golden rule” type of project. This was the predecessor to my blog pack idea. Unlike blog packs, however, this exercise isn’t based on cultivating real relationships with people (although that could certainly happen!). This is just pure, concentrated, viral blog traffic growth!
I’m calling this the Remarkablogger Blog Traffic JumpStart 2.
Increase Your Blog Traffic
If you just started a blog and want a little increase in blog traffic, hereâ€™s what you do:
- Leave a comment at the bottom of this post with your blogâ€™s URL in the website field and describe your blog in a short paragraph.
- Subscribe to my RSS feed (it’s all I ask in return for helping you boost your traffic).
- Make sure you also subscribe to the comments on this post so that you get alerted on every new comment.
- Every time a new comment is added, go and visit that blog! This is simply the golden rule at work: do for others as you would have them do for you. You want traffic? Give traffic.
- But here’s where it really gets good: Subscribe to the other blogsâ€™ RSS feeds.
- Stumble a post or two from the other blogs.
- Write a post on your own blog, link to this post so others can participate and write about the new blogs you have found. Link to them.
You Must Participate for this to Succeed
If you just submit your link and thatâ€™s it, well, nothing special is gonna happen for you. You see, this is all about instant Karma.
The more you give, the more you get.
Spend time visiting the other blogs, commenting and subscribing to the feeds of blogs you like (you’re bound to find a bunch of them).
You will also get some traffic from my readers who have already been blogging for a while. Iâ€™d like to encourage my regular readers to spread the link to this post around: this is one of those the-more-the-merrier kinds of things. So please link, stumble, and bookmark this post at Delicious.
Iâ€™m not making any promises about huge traffic, but if last time was any example, prepare to be pleased with the results!
Yeah, we got rules.
The following will be deleted or marked as spam:
- Automated scraper blogs or splogs
- Adult content blogs
- Content about illegal activities
- Hate speech
- Anything that seems suspicious to me–I reserve the right to make that decision
Ready? Post your new blog URL in the comments!